INMORIA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix Rising reviews Inmoria's album

Go down

Phoenix Rising reviews Inmoria's album  Empty Phoenix Rising reviews Inmoria's album

Post  Anna Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Prior to this album, I’d never heard or heard of Inmoria. With that in mind, I decided to do a little bit of digging to learn about the band for this review. A Farewell to Nothing – The Diary Part: 1 is their second album, though it is the first with their new line up. The debut album, Invisible Wounds, released in 2009 and received excellent reviews. As mentioned, the line up changed between the first album and this new one, in the form of vocalist Sören Nico Adamsen.
So how is the actual album? Well, as I hadn’t listened to the first offering by this band, I had no idea what to expect from this band. Not only that, I cannot compare their new stuff to their older stuff, so this is entirely from the perspective of a new listener. With that in mind, the first song on the album, “Blinded” wastes absolutely no time in letting you know that this is metal. Now, in my personal opinion, it’s not just any kind of metal, but it’s somewhat symphonic due to the harmonies within the lyrics, along with the use of keyboards to supplement the roaring guitars.

Over the past few weeks, I’ve listened to many different albums for review purposes and quite a few of them have songs roughly halfway through that are quite a bit lighter than the rest of the album. This is not the case with Inmoria’s latest album. The heavy rhythm of the guitars, the pounding drums and the superb keyboard compliment do not let up until the final song, simply called “Why”. Every single song prior to that is deep, heavy and has a rhythm that will set your head bobbing and your feet tapping along without a second thought.

As for the main vocals, they are easy to understand and match the music supplied by the other band members in perfect harmony. The backing vocals work very well with the set down rhythm and also the main vocals provided by Sören. Regarding the actual lyrical content of the songs, they’re very dark and can inspire quite the variety of emotions just from sitting down and actually listening to the content. This is quite a testament to the band’s ability to create songs, and how well everything has been mixed together.

With all of this in mind, I can honestly say that “A Farewell To Nothing – The Diary Part: 1” may very well become one of my more listened to albums. It kicks off, grabs you by the hair and pushes your ear against the speakers so you have to listen, and you’ll enjoy every damn second of it! For more information about the band, you can visit their website at http://www.inmoria.com. On there, you will find links to their Facebook, MySpace and YouTube pages, all of which have samples of their music for your listening entertainment.

Review by Neil "Khaine" Wallis
Full review here: http://www.phoenix-rising.biz/?q=inmoria-a-farewell-to-nothing

Anna

Back to top Go down