INMORIA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mega-metal.de - Interview 2009

Go down

Mega-metal.de - Interview 2009 Empty Mega-metal.de - Interview 2009

Post  Anna Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:34 am

This interview was done via email in English before being translated into German.
This is the link to the interview on the German website http://www.mega-metal.de/interviews/2009/inmoria/index.html

1. Which musical intention lies behind Inmoria? What was the beginning thought of it all?

Well the music intention is world wide domination, haha!! No seriously we just want to play music that hopefully people will like to listen to as much as we do. The beginning thought was just for me to get some frustration out of my head. I hadn’t done any music for many many years since I left Tad Morose but suddenly I just felt the need to start writing again. Then I liked it so much that I started to figure out how to get it out to the masses. I just called up my long-time friend Christer Andersson from Tad Morose and asked him what he thought of the music. He loved it and we started to talk about putting a band together. So we asked Peter Morén (drums) and Tommi Karppanen (bass) both from Tad Morose to join the project and they did. Then we just asked Morgana Lefay singer Charles Rytkönen to come and try out some vocals in my studio and he just blew the walls down. His voice combined with the music was a killer.

2. The main characters of the band seem to be KEYBOARDS and VOCALS, because they shine even brighter than they already do/did in the mainbands. Correct? Incorrect?

Yes, that’s correct. But we are trying to keep the keyboards a little bit in the background but it is hard…haha!! Because the keyboards are a very important part of the Inmoria sound and the keyboards increases the darker feeling. Charles vocals are much different from what he used to do in Morgana Lefay. He was a little bit worried in the beginning that his voice couldn’t handle this new sound of Inmoria but he was proven wrong. His vocals are just perfect for the Inmoria sound. And he puts the final touch to this dark and haunting sound.

3. In addition to 2. - How does the songwirting-process work then? Keyboards first?

The writing progress is pretty easy. I usually start with some keyboard chords but sometimes I start by playing some riffs on the guitar. Then I end up in some weird state of mind and I can hear the whole song, from the start to the end, in my head. So I don’t leave the computer until the track is finished. I just record every instrument one by one until it is finished. I just go back and change some small parts if I have to.
Then I just call up the rest of the guys for them to come over and put their personal touch to it.

When it is time for the lyrics I often fall even deeper into this weird state of mind where a movie takes place inside my head. I see characters, dark and depressing, almost like shadows, and they are running around and “talking” to me, begging me to help them out of their misery. So what they “say” to me I write down.

So you see, if Sigmund Freud were alive then I would be his only patient…..haha!!

4. How real will Inmoria become? Live-Shows etc.? A “Bollnäs around the world”-Tour with all three bands? 

Well our first gig ever is at our release party on the 4 of July so if you want to be a part of history you better show up, haha!! We have a production company that is in the “starting blocks” of putting something together for us but we have to wait until the album has been released and for what the music press thinks. That is the only thing that we really want to do……to tour our asses off.

Haha, yes we use to talk about if every band would tour together all we need is a small minivan and a hockey coach that stands on the side directing us with a whistle pipe which member is going on stage with which band.

Mega-metal.de
Interview - 2009
http://www.mega-metal.de/interviews/2009/inmoria/index.html

Anna

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum