INMORIA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester Live Review

Go down

Manchester Live Review  Empty Manchester Live Review

Post  Anna Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:42 am

Having listened to the latest album from these fellas, the entire Phoenix Rising team decided to attend their show in Manchester. The venue was not quite what we expected, and in fact one of our good friends commented that he felt as if he were watching a show in someone’s house rather than a club! However, this review is about Inmoria, not the venue, so let’s get on with analysing their show, shall we?
The band has intro music that plays before they start their actual show. Now this can be a fairly standard practice for most bands, but what interested us was the simple fact that only the keyboardist and drummer were present on the stage. The guitarist, bassist and singer were all using wireless instruments, so the bassist was hiding somewhere over near the bar, the singer was near the sound equipment and the guitarist was just chilling out on the sofa!

Once the intro music was over, the band made their way to the stage and started with the song “Blinded”, which is the first track from their new album. At this point, the real show started to kick in. Most bands, even with wireless technology tend to just use the stage. The singer might wander into the front of the crowd, but that’s about it. This was not the case with Inmoria, as the guitarist and bassist made use of the entire venue! They were running around like complete nutters and joining in moshing with the crowd while they continued to hammer out their music flawlessly on their instruments.

Unfortunately, only one song from their first album was played, which was a bit of a shame as we’d have loved to hear some of their older songs mixed in with the new, but then the new songs are so damn good that this did not detract from the show in any way. Inmoria definitely know how to put on a stunning live performance, and how to work the crowd. We’d love to see what they could do with a larger venue, especially if they decide to make use of all the space like they did in Kraak! Our only criticism would be some of the sound engineering right at the start, since it needed tweaking to get it as right as possible, but this was not a fault of the band.

If you ever get a chance to see these guys live, go for it! If you’re a fan, then you will not be disappointed!

Setlist.

1. Intro
2. Blinded
3. End Of The Line
4. In My Dreams
5. The Silence Within Me
6. Hear My Prayers
7. Come Insanity
8. My Last Farewell
9. Fantasy

Phoenix Rising
http://www.phoenix-rising.biz/?q=content%2Finmoria-kraak-manchester-29th-october

Anna

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum