INMORIA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metalfields great album review

Go down

Metalfields great album review Empty Metalfields great album review

Post  Anna Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Second album of the swedish Tad Morose / Morgana Lefay sidekicks Inmoria. The debut „Invisible Wounds“ that was released in 2009 was a perfect mixture of power and prog with dark vibes in sound and for me one of the best releases of the year. Another big point was the vocals that time but now this part of the band changed.
Now we find Artilery shouter Soren Nico Adamsen on the mic. Not the worst reference for sure and we will see if he can also lean the song that special moods they spread before.

The new album is titled „A Farewell to Noting – The Diary Part 1“. I have no information if there are plans for more parts in the future…but in the here and now this is Part 1…

„Blinded“ starts with bombastic guitars. A huge scream of Soren to follow. The typical Inmoria work trademarks are present at once. The vocals bring the song more in Tad Morose spheres than before. Because Soren owns a big Urban Breed touch in his voice and together with the well known musicians this is a mix that makes you remembering the old Tad Morose times. Maybe a little bit harder cause of some screams of Soren in between. Elements that he also has to use in his Artillery which is more based on thrash metal. A good and fast opener. Bombastic, wild with a nice refrain that remembers a little to newer Angel Dust.

Weird beginning in „End of the line“. Sound samples with background vocal line. But the scene changes soon and the song moves to a stamping one. Simple but mighty riffing. Soren performs in anchorman style always in middle heights. A silent part breaks into the scenery. Followed by Soren who is screaming louder and harder in every second and underlines the dark and more brutal base of the song. A smasher with typical Inmoria instrumentation on a very high level.

Now we take a look into „The Mirror“. Continuing with speed and power. Huge refrain that makes you fear looking into you own mirror as well. Short guitar solo of Christer Andersson. Based always on the same ground riff but played with a lot of intense so that this song proofs again the big wall of sound Inmoria always creates.

Heavy guitar riff opens „Hear my prayers.“ The keyboards in the background are more present this time. Soren stops it with silent vocals. Only for short times in between the twisted guitar/keyboard parts. In the guitar solo we can find some light oriental vibes as Tad Morose often used it. Hectic and fearful performance of Soren builds tragic collages in a brutal way.

„In my dreams“ starts with a playdoll and a child is whispering. The heavy guitar line next interrupts it soon. Heading to the refrain there is a permanent change of solo and choir vocals. If you listen to this song you can see Soren suffering from bad dreams at night. This is a bombastic drama performed by great musicians and a vocalist that can show this moods in a perfect way.

Symphonic start and a huge guitar riff at the beginning of „Just another lie“. Clear vocal performance here. Slower song, more in midtempo, but taking up speed in the refrain. Melodic guitar solo rounds it up and in the end after a short piano break the song fades out with tempo.

Piano start „The Silence within me“. Angels in the back. Balladesque moments as Soren sets in but the powerful guitar arrangements follow soon and so the song moves to an epic one. Silent vocals change with bombastic, symphonic parts. Some screams and a short melodic guitar solo makes it far away from a ballad. Just the speed is 3 steps behind the songs before.

Speed is back with „My last farewell“. This is the straightest song so far. A song that could be also from bands like Primal Fear or Gamma Ray. Only the guitars makes it typical Inmoria. Catchy refrain, with power and passion. Is this the first song for a video or single release ? For me the favourite of that.
„Save me“…..first scream, oh yes..there is someone schould be saved. Vocals again near to Urban Breed. This song is running fast…like someone who is running from anger. Big riffs and killer drums push it forward. Pure Heavy-/Speedmetal. No compromise in sound, no tempo changes. Just straight forward til the end. The only question is…could the person be saved at last?

Keyboard sequence opens „Watch me Bleed“. Midtempo riffing appears together with synths in the back. Like the song title promises…there is no need to slow the tempo down. The song points with a catchy and long refrain and twin vocals. Seems like a verbal conversation between lead and choir vocals. Short keyboard break with a kind of guitar solo, very short, before the song ends with the amazing refrain.

No time to breathe. Action..“My Shadow Fall“. Superb guitar part. But..what is this ? Angel like female vocals appear. Cool new element in Inmoria’s sound. Amongst this stands speed…and more speed. A refrain in the same way like the song before. So this could be the follow up of „Watch me Bleed“. A harmony guitar line with piano in the back in the middle. The song runs out mighty with the great refrain.

Some symphonic light violins and…again..the female voice in duet with a whispering Soren start the last song „Why“. Is this a song without guitars ? Sometimes this remembers to Blind Guardian. Orchestral arrangements. Seems that this sing is the soundtrack for the only question: Why could this all happen ? And yes…without any guitars, this is the final result of an tragic yourney that ends here.

Well…I am a great fan of Tad Morose and Morgana Lefay for sure. So it is not easy for me to review that album without high expections. Soren Nico Adamsen brings a more aggressive line into the sound of Inmoria than it was in the debut. But with this we can say that the sound is taking progress. The base elements are totally hooked in Tad Morose style. But the vocals can level it up to a new and fresh kind of progression.

Fans of the above named bands cannot do anything wrong, listening or buying that album. Great musicians as always, great vocalist from clear performance to shouting and intelligent arrangements make this album to a highlight of bombastic power metal in the today’s music scene.

Again…almost a perfect album !!

Review by Kerbinator
http://metalfields.wordpress.com/2011/10/09/review-inmoria-a-farewell-to-nothing-the-diary-part-1/

Anna

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum