INMORIA FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Kaoz album review

Go down

Metal Kaoz album review Empty Metal Kaoz album review

Post  Anna Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:20 pm

INMORIA is one of those bands that are formed by experienced musicians who have already gotten the baptism of fire, releasing music under different moniker. So, if you’d go through the band’s biography, you will come across of TAD MOROSE, a name that hasn’t made an appearance in discography since 2003. And when there is a music background for a freshly formed band, then one can expect a degree of professionalism that lies well above the average level. From the very beginning (and to keep you interested), I will say that in the case of INMORIA this rule of thumb is fully implemented.

This is the second album by INMORIA (yep the band’s name is inspired by Tolkien’s Moria) and in the lineup there is the most notable change with ARTILERY’s Søren Nico Adamsen getting the singing duties. Søren has a great timbre and a powerful vocal range that fits the music like a glove, doing justice to the Power Metal tag added in the band’s id. Since the Power Metal tag can be in times misleading, especially to those who think this scene is all about high pitched vocals and galloping rhythms, I should mention the major influence that immediately popped to mind while listening to “Blinded”; BRAINSTORM, the German band who drew my attention with the “Liquid Monster” and the striking ICED EARTH (late) references. The songs are solid with fat guitar sound, absolutely addictive grooves and keyboards that give ‘depth’ to the music and enhance the melodic side of INMORIA. Also, they give the impression that were composed around the Søren’s expressional performance with great vocal harmonies and such power that I found myself thinking of Ripper Owens in a lower octave. Just pay attention to the vocals in “Just Another Lie” where the singer uses his pitch to balance between melody and aggression while challenging himself hitting higher musical notes.

Although the band comes from Sweden there are some nice German Power Metal influences (think of HELLOWEEN or GAMMA RAY) here that become noticeable in songs like “My Last Farewell” (great sing along lines) or “My Shadow Fall” that I think it also has an ACCEPT-esque feeling in the rhythm guitars. In the latter track, the female backing vocals are nice finishing touches, while I should once again acknowledge Søren’s mic work who made me think of Ripper’s days with ICED EARTH. Among the album’s highlights I should include the heavy as hell “Save Me” that takes most of the melody out the question hitting the listener in the bull’s eye with double drum bass high pitched screams and cutting edge riffs.

Indeed, I feel surprised by INMORIA who came out of the blue with a rock solid album and a sound that, although bears many influences, has a personal character highlighted by the keyboard work. The Scandinavian Metal scene continues to fuel the entire Metal scene with fresh blood for us to enjoy. Do yourself a favor and at least check them out!

Review:
Dimitris Kontogeorgakos
http://www.metalkaoz.com/album-reviews/2195-inmoria-a-farewell-to-nothing-the-diary-part-1.html

Anna

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum